All entries must be original, unpublished works of the Entrant. No poems may be entered on anyone’s behalf. No translations. All entries must be primarily in English. All entries must be submitted online using our entry form.
- All entries must be in English (we accept and encourage all English dialects)
- It’s OK to use a few non-English words and phrases
- Poems must be no more than 40 lines long (not including title, a brief epigraph, blank lines, etc.)
- All entrants must have reached the age of majority at the time of entry. You can go here for an unofficial list of the age of majority in different countries. Please check our 2013 Rules for more details.
- No simultaneous submissions (i.e. don’t submit your poem(s) anywhere else – to preserve anonymity)
- You do not have to be a published poet to enter!
- All entries must be unpublished and original works of the author (to preserve anonymity and keep a focus on new work)
- A poem is considered to be published according to the criteria in our 2013 Rules.
- Translations are not eligible. Poetry in translation is an art of its own and would require a different structure to ensure a fair handling.
- International Montreal Poetry Prize directors, officers, and employees, representatives or agents, including the editors and prize judge, as well as any of their immediate family members or persons with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter
Early Entry Deadline: 11:59pm GMT on March 31 2013
Final Entry Deadline: 11:59pm GMT on May 15 2013
- You have to pay a fee for each poem you enter for the Montreal International Poetry Prize. Your participation helps to make the Montreal Prize a reality!
- Fees are lower for entries from ‘developing’ nations
- This distinction is based on the UN Human Development Index, which you can check here
- Countries not in the UN’s ‘Very High’ category get the lower fee
- If you want to submit more than one poem, each additional entry after your first one is entered at a discounted rate. You can submit as many additional entries as you like!
- All fees are in Canadian dollars (CAD)
|Fee Category||Early Entry||Later Entry||Additional Entry|